Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » How does one emulate the typical theater sound?
Re: How does one emulate the typical theater sound? [message #73485 is a reply to message #73484] Sat, 04 August 2012 18:22 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
j0nnyfive is currently offline  j0nnyfive
Baron
Wayne, thanks for that explanation! I really do want subs, but unfortunately....... *sigh*...... they have to wait a while longer. Doh! So painful...

I went back and forth on the issue "Center channel or no center channel" for a long time. Now, I don't have a choice. My love for big speakers prevents one from fitting below my screen. lol

Let me ask you this Wayne... just doing damage control and making the best of what I have... where, theoretically, would be the best place to put my 2 speakers? They are 2 Pi.. so, would you have them out away from a boundary, or would you put them right up against the boundary/wall? Right now, I think the best place seems to be away from the wall. I did a LOT of tinkering today. Messed with a ton of settings on my receiver, and I think I've found some good compromises.

I say compromises (also to the last poster) because I'm really in no position to treat my room right now (financially or practically) because I'm in an apartment, and I'm probably going to be moving out shortly. So, the room will change. But let's say it didn't change... what are some cheap (one-size-fits-all) treatment tricks a person can do to improve their sound? I have carpet, and a thick rug. The side wall that the speakers are nearest has french doors that are covered in blackout fabric. And I'm angling the speakers in such a way as to avoid as much wall reflection as possible. I'm with ya on the room sentiment! I know it's super important. It's also the most confusing aspect for a noob. lol

Thanks!

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message