Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » How does one emulate the typical theater sound?
Re: How does one emulate the typical theater sound? [message #73469 is a reply to message #73465] Fri, 03 August 2012 10:18 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
j0nnyfive is currently offline  j0nnyfive
Baron
Thanks for your reply! Wayne, I have no doubt whatsoever that your home theater sounds awesome, and that's what's frustrating me. ARGHGHH!!!!! lol Minimalist system huh? Cool! I like the idea of it... that's the idea I was trying for but I don't have your experience. I have a Denon AVR 1712. No amp.

Here's what's killing me (in a nutshell): They sound great. They feel painful. IF I'm running them too loud, then this is a problem because I ONLY run them loud enough to understand the dialogue, and no louder. The idea that they must be turned up loud enough to hurt me just to understand dialogue... eh... something's not right.

I think you understand what I'm saying but I just want to get across that I LOVE the speakers. And I don't think it's the speakers necessarily. The other problem is that they may NOT have been made exactly like you would have done it. And I know they weren't tested. So... when I get time (ugh...), I'm gonna have to do some testing. Time is something I don't have much of right now, so I was just fishing the pond for some quick and dirty answers. lol Also, I know it might be the room, but that's what I have the least control over at this point.

Thanks for your patience though! I'm trying not to be "that guy" you know? Smile I still really really want to hear your setup sometime. Man I bet it's awesome. I'm addicted to big speakers now. No going back. Thanks a lot. Razz

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message