Home » Audio » Source » New Turn Table - Sota Moonbeam
Re: New Turn Table - Sota Moonbeam [message #73084 is a reply to message #72390] Thu, 21 June 2012 13:50 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi Everyone, I did go for the Origin Live Alliance arm. Quite nice and a simple swap. Really a major improvement. The arm is designed for low resonance and high compliance. I unfortunately dinged my Dynavector 10X5 so I can't tell how really great the arm is until Soundsmith sends it back. In the mean time I'm using a Grado Reference Platinum. For all you vinyl lovers out there who have heard Grados you probably are aware they seem to sound warm and bottom heavy. Not so in this arm. Clean and well balanced is what I'm getting now. I have never heard a Grado sound like this and I have used them for many years. The OL folks are doing something that others seem to miss out on. The arm is about $375 incl shipping and somewhat resembles a Rega. I am sure given the proximity of OL to the Rega plant that many of the parts are made by Rega. The build is entirely different though. The OL arm uses (according to them) a sort of knife edge design, but has bearings ( Rolling Eyes ). It is designed to be "loose" and not tight like many other arms. They say in big bold print not to try to tighten it up. What ever they do it works extremely well.

Good Listening
Bruce

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Napster
Next Topic: Speaking of vinyl (I was just reading the Drega post)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 05 22:16:07 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio