Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Automated Tickets
Re: Automated Tickets [message #72392 is a reply to message #72363] Thu, 26 April 2012 06:27 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Thermionic is currently offline  Thermionic
Master
Thankfully, I've never gotten a ticket by one, nor has anyone else I know. But, I'm not gonna waste a good opportunity to rant about those beastly things! We have 'em all over town. I frequently find myself hitting the brakes hard to stop at yellow lights, that I'd otherwise cruise on through if were there no red-light camera. So do many others.

Studies have shown that installing red-light cameras causes an increase in rear end collisions, because people (like me!) are afraid of them and will trounce down hard on the binders to make SURE they're stopped in time, even if the light had only just then turned yellow. They tell us that the cameras don't trigger unless someone enters the intersection after the light has turned red. But, we all know how trustworthy the government is, especially when it comes to money.....

Many municipalities have removed them altogether, because the cost of the third party companies that monitor them exceeded the ticket revenue they generated. We've noticed that several have been recently removed at some of the lower-traffic intersections here. A good start....

Thermionic

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Google Panel
Next Topic: Your least favorite musical instrument
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 29 22:33:09 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations