Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Surround Sound With TV Over Fireplace
Re: Surround Sound With TV Over Fireplace [message #71518 is a reply to message #71515] Fri, 24 February 2012 14:28 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
two.dogs is currently offline  two.dogs
Chancellor
If I went the center channel route, I would try my best to do it right. However to fit the mantel would probably require small drivers (maybe 6") in a horizontal MTM configuration. Then maybe use either identical drivers for the L/R speakers or perhaps upsize the drivers from same manufacturer. Maybe this is what you mean by doing things the wrong way!
Here is a picture of how I might integrate 3 pi speakers. Distance between speakers is just over 15' and distance to listener is about 12' so that's good. TV is probably 55" so good for a 12' viewing position. Cost of the 3 pi kit is actually under budget. Speaker front baffles are about 14" so not too visually dominant (would that dimension work?). How about the stub wall (pocket doors) - is 34" enough to make the corner horn work correctly?
Actually, all of your base kits are within budget. The 4 and 7 pi seem too large with the 15" drivers. What speaker would you recommend and what width would the baffle have to be?

index.php?t=getfile&id=726&private=0
  • Attachment: pi3.jpeg
    (Size: 39.00KB, Downloaded 5682 times)

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Modified 4pi Idea (Here we go again)
Next Topic: 2 Pi studio in 3 Pi enclosure
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 15 04:02:27 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout