Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » FEDEX Trying to Outdo United Parcel Smashers
Re: FEDEX Trying to Outdo United Parcel Smashers [message #70626 is a reply to message #70623] Sat, 24 December 2011 16:41 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Oh, my God, those are heartbreaking stories. I've had a few like that, but even though my damaged stuff was impossible to repair, at least my items were replaceable. Still seemed overwhelmingly bad at the time.

One that comes to mind were a pair of really dreamy Martinelli-made cabinets. They were stunning, but the freight company killed them. The grain was truly spectacular, and grains are all unique, so in a sense, it truly was irreplaceable. But I guess I can always repair my speakers just by having new cabinets made. Then again, one pair of cabinets that were damaged were made by Brad - my last cabinetmaker - who is now dead. So those can't be replaced.

I wonder if there are shippers that take better care, maybe for a little bit higher price. Seems like that service must be available. I mean, it isn't like the damage we're talking about is the result of catastrophic accidents like plane or truck wrecks, or from natural disaster or anything like that. These accidents are all the result of some form of mishandling. They're usually stuff being rammed and run through, items falling off conveyor belts that are excessively high, or other things like that. They're all the result of volume handling and could be easily avoided by a shipper with a more personal and careful approach.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Angry birds
Next Topic: New Years Eve plans