Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » New HT - Need Advice on Speakers - 4pis or 7pis for main, 2pis, and what to use for bass
Re: New HT - Need Advice on Speakers - 4pis or 7pis for main, 2pis, and what to use for bass [message #69415 is a reply to message #69336] Fri, 09 September 2011 09:48 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
coolgeek is currently offline  coolgeek
Esquire
Hi Wayne,

I just heard from PennGray at avsforum that you thought the 3pi is better than the 4pi when used with the right drivers...

Your quote:
Build as shown, and you have a world-class, price-no-object loudspeaker. The three Pi with TD12S and DE250/H290 is the best "waveguide" speaker I've ever heard or measured. No warts, smooth, perfect pattern and excellent response. Sorry, that's kind of bragging, I know. But this one sets the standard. It's that good.

So, just to confirm, is it truly better than the 4pi with the above configuration? If so, i may as well build the 3pi instead as it's smaller and nicer looking! And if it sounds better, then it's a no brainer!!!!

btw: I am still trying to source for stuff here.. it's proofing futile.. even the JBL distributor don't have the 2226h in stock and they had to ship it in if i wanted it and it'll still cost a lot for shipping..

In the end, I am thinking of finalizing all the speaker kits i want and just have you ship it all to me (i'll of course pay for the shipping in advance and add a little for you trouble)...

Meanwhile, i'll try to hunt around singapore and maybe Hong Kong...

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: 4Pis are back and I wrote a BOOK!
Next Topic: Contemplating a change
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jun 13 11:18:00 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout