Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » SCREWS?
Re: SCREWS? [message #68709 is a reply to message #68707] Mon, 25 July 2011 04:23 Go to previous message
Frihed89 is currently offline  Frihed89
Baron
First, I want to thank you all for your support and advice. If I seem slow to act, I am. However, that does not mean that your advice has been wasted. It is all a part of a series of larger decisions. In the end, I will have 2 SET (AN 300B and Fi-2A3) systems, a custom-builder-made Class A PP-triode system, and 3 sets of speakers (including the 4Pis)....and who knows what else lies ahead? Audio Note will soon come out with a new version of their EL84 SE power amp (P-1SE) with dual c-core OPTs!

This idea started out something like 4 years ago, as I began to go to lower and lower powered amps. However, in the meantime, I had bought some somewhat insensitive, but very easy to drive, speakers that sound divine to my ears, and the need for high sensitivity disappeared...almost.

My step-son is going to do the cabinet work. He and I have no clamps. I am in the process of sourcing all the drivers from the UK - the higher grade ones - but I am ordering them slowly to soften the blow(s). I am in discussions with local speaker "experts" about the cross-overs. The advice I'm getting is that they look easy to make from scratch. But I may still source them from Wayne. And then there is the issue of what speaker wire to use. I posted on that.

The amps don't arrive until September, probably. I already have some speakers that will work with the Pis, albeit with more distortion than I like, so the project can proceed slowly, on my own slow pace.

Thanks again.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: towers
Next Topic: Signal Wire for 4Pis
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jul 23 15:15:05 CDT 2024