Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Modifed 4 Pi Build Report (Design)
Re: Modifed 4 Pi Build Report [message #68571 is a reply to message #68570] Sat, 16 July 2011 00:03 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Dave_S is currently offline  Dave_S
Chancellor
This is a picture of a web clamp being used on the base. There is also a press clamp shown:

index.php?t=getfile&id=555&private=0

This where I am now:

index.php?t=getfile&id=556&private=0

I am almost ready to apply finish. The speakers just need some wood filler and finish sanding. I also need to fill the void where the beveled edge meets the base. Overall, there are several defects in the veneer, but I am generally satified with the results. In my oppinion, the huge ports are a bit ugly, but I can live with them. I put a strip of walnut between the cherry veneer and the solid cherry. It may have been better with with more contrasting woods like walnut and maple, but I decided to see what happened. Cherry will darken with time, so the contrast between walnut and cherry will likely fade with time. I really like the cove molding on the base. I was done by creating a table saw fence that ran at about a 20 degree angle to the saw blade. There may be sound issues from the cavity beneath the speaker, but I will deal with it.

Future posts:

-Finished speaker
-Sound testing I borrowed a high quality microphone from work. I plan to test at least for frequency response. If the room response testing works, I will report on that also. I plan to use Arta Software for the testing.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Setting 4pi LCR upside down in theater?
Next Topic: Looking for a few extra watts for your Pis?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jun 26 11:41:50 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio