Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Can a JBL 2240H be reconed as a JBL 2245H? (Can a JBL 2240H be reconed as a JBL 2245H? )
Re: Can a JBL 2240H be reconed as a JBL 2245H? [message #68541 is a reply to message #68534] Mon, 11 July 2011 09:53 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I am absolutely stunned and saddened by the news of your family. My thoughts and prayers go out to you, my friend.

Not to dwell on that, back to business as usual:

That 2245 is one excellent subwoofer. It has long been my favorite of the 18 inchers. Super clean, great for home theater and hifi.

For compression drivers, the JBL 2426 was my favorite for years. I still am very fond of it. I now use the B&C DE250 for the top of the line because it is smooth as the JBL and about half the price. It actually even reaches a little higher too. The 2426 and the DE250 are drop-in replacements for one another.

The crossover I use in the three π speaker is shown below. It's very much like all the other models, as you know, with identical tweeter circuits having R1/R2/C1 values selected based on the required attenuation/compensation. The chart of values for various levels is shown at the following link:

http://www.pispeakers.com/threePi_schematic.gif
three π crossover schematic

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Plan Request
Next Topic: 4π-esque DIY speakers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jul 14 15:28:43 CDT 2024