Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » 4Pi McDonalds sound check
Re: 4Pi McDonalds sound check [message #68388 is a reply to message #68381] Wed, 29 June 2011 22:17 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Bill Epstein is currently offline  Bill Epstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Hi Garland, thanks for the good wishes, yesterday I had some zits burned off my arms and one had to be biopsied. Tomorrow I go to the cardiologist 'cause I had to be yanked off the treadmill last week for speeding: 240 over 190 after just 5 minutes! The diagnosis is probaly obesity.....

Anyway, the new speaks aren't as well-behaved as the Pis, they don't do dialogue as well and the bass isn't as crystal clear, but, but, they sound like the best vintage speakers you ever heard. KLH 6s maybe crossed with stacked Advents. I love the sound even knowing it isn't as "good".

My current "powerhouse" amp is the 6-8 watt SE EL-34 built from the board by George Anderson of Tubelab. With Hammond and Transendar iron it's only about $400. He's doing an EL-84 push-pull these days, also. Once I get past these doctors I'm going to build a classic 40-60 watt push-pull they're talking about at DIYaudio and Steve Brown is interested in. http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/tubes-valves/156699-mullard-5-20-kt88-pp-blocks.html

If you can find some Woods Yardmaster extension cord which no one seems to have anymore, you can try the White Lightning thats replaced everything else in my rig, ICs and speaker wire. Probably any 3 wire 16 gauge lightly twisted wire will do, Lowes has a green one. Is it the wire, the cheap connectors or a combination? Whatever, it blew away mid-level MIT I had in for review a few years ago.

Congrats on the new house and the bigger room. Everyone elseis downsizing Laughing

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: coming from klipsch.....plan request!
Next Topic: Start yer day with a shave and 5 Mgs of Valium!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jun 26 02:42:27 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio