Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » 4Pi McDonalds sound check
Re: 4Pi McDonalds sound check [message #68381 is a reply to message #68086] Wed, 29 June 2011 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
GarlandB is currently offline  GarlandB
Chancellor
Hi Bill,

I was just going to comment on the antenna as well! ...looks just like something my Dad would have made back in the '40s.
Probably just the thing for the receiver in your TV cabiet.
So, how do your 4 pis compare to the new speaks in the foreground?
I ask because we have just moved into our new addition which has a new listening room (which unfortunately, I was unable to design to audiophile standards but at least is larger than the old den). The plus, besides size, is the availability of corners which may be good for a pair of 7Pis. I hate to consider gutting the 4s to make the 7s but "nothing ventured...".

A few other questions: what are you using for speaker wire these days? The royal wire you sent me was darn good! thanks! And are you still enthralled with the EL-34 SE amp you spoke of a month or two ago? I'd love to try a more powerful tube amp than my Bottlehead 2A3s since I love the powerful sound the 4s can produce given enough juice. What were those SE amps? KIts? or DIY?

Hope your feeling well soon; I know you've had a few bouts with health issues over the years. -hope its nothing serious.

Garland

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: coming from klipsch.....plan request!
Next Topic: Start yer day with a shave and 5 Mgs of Valium!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jun 26 02:39:32 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio