Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Your favorite recordings. (plz be specific)
Re: Your favorite recordings. (plz be specific) [message #68229 is a reply to message #68226] Sat, 18 June 2011 00:59 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Dave_S is currently offline  Dave_S
Chancellor
justphil wrote on Fri, 17 June 2011 23:03
Listening to "The Tain" now. These guys are out there. I love it =P

Dave, I have listened to allot of what you posted and you have a great taste in music. I really like this stuff. But I will have to admit I don't really care for Billy Bragg I think he is more of an aquired taste.

I can see why ou would want to listen to "Good Night " on your speakers. I have a decent set of headphones and the song is awesome. I bet when you get to listen it will be like they are there performing it.

For the Decemberists, the Tain is definitely out there. The next in line from the group comes the "The Hazards of Love". The Rake's Song is extremely demented, but great. The album "The King is Dead" is the most approachable. Peter Buck from REM plays on some of the tracks and it shows. "The Crane Wife" if the most beautiful and what introduced me to the band. There are a few songs in the middle that don't quite cut it after a few listens.

Billy Bragg is probably an acquired taste. He has an album self-mockingly titled "Mr Love and Justice". His songs alternate between one of the two subjects.

Another album that sounds good is Dan Wilson's "Free Life". The songs Free Life and Easy Silence (which was recorded by the Dixie Chicks) are ones which I could listen to over and over again. He did a lot of the songs live with a group and modified them in a studio. For his next album, he is doing the instruments and tracks himself. I am hoping that he can maintain the same sound quality.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Sealed 4Pi ???