Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Your favorite recordings. (plz be specific)
Re: Your favorite recordings. (plz be specific) [message #68215 is a reply to message #68209] Fri, 17 June 2011 17:58 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Dave_S is currently offline  Dave_S
Chancellor
My current favorite is somewhat speaker related. While I was testing my 4 Pi speakers out before veneering them, I found the CD that made the speakers stand out is The Tain by The Decemberists. It is an EP with basically one song. It starts out with a solo acoustic guitar and you can hear every pluck, squeak of fingers moving across the strings, and purposeful distortion of the sound. The song moves on to several different styles of music, including music that would a smile on a metal head's face.

The Grateful Dead - Workingman's Dead sounds good on the speakers. The separate instruments stand out rather than the more mushed together sound that I had on my old speakers.

Another CD that sounds good is Live Current Vol. 6. It is a yearly CD put out by a local radio station here in Minnesota. I found that I love the sound of live music on the Pi speakers. So much more of the detail from live music comes from the speakers than my old ones. It isn't a CD that you could find, but you could try CDs put out by your local radio station.

I wouldn't say they blow me away, but I have been listening to Eels - End Times (a near-perfect CD), Eels - Electro-Shock Blues (has a lot of average songs, but the good songs are really good), Billy Bragg and Wilco - Mermaid Avenue, and The Rural Alberta Advantage - Departing. I would really like to hear the last track of Departing on my speakers when I get them finshed.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Sealed 4Pi ???