Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » 3 Pi Subwoofer Plans
Re: 3 Pi Subwoofer Plans [message #67890 is a reply to message #67881] Sat, 28 May 2011 00:22 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
audiothings
Chancellor
Many thanks, Wayne. So kind of you...

Quote:
The H290 does everything I want it to do, so I'm not sure it really makes sense.

Wonderful... I should be able to score it right here... saving me a bunch of cash.
Quote:

To be honest, my suggestion to you is to build three π mains and three π subs.

How about if I put them in one large cabinet, with internal volumes divided as appropriate...? Please see attached pic. The Delta 12LFA should go down to 100 Hz in a sealed box... yes?

Quote:
Unless you have good, calibrated measurement equipment and can take the time to optimize the crossover with a myriad of measurements, you probably won't be able to match this combination.

Is it going to be damn tough even with a flexible loudspeaker management processor? I do have a decent measurement mic and I have set up PA speakers in the past... (I mean, as a sound engineer 'tuning' the system...not as a loudspeaker builder)... I make a living in the music business... I don't mind putting in the extra effort to figure it out... AND I have guys like you to help me along the way. Smile What say?

Before actually building, I will do some more research on driver spacing, vertical nulls, directivity etc., for now, I'd just like to be clear that there is no fundamental flaw in my idea...

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Plans and question
Next Topic: Here's a peek at the new speakers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Aug 27 22:21:01 CDT 2024