Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Do you sing?
Re: Do you sing? [message #67697 is a reply to message #67461] Tue, 17 May 2011 01:21 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Adveser is currently offline  Adveser
Illuminati (1st Degree)
More info because my claim is fairly hard to believe:

I have overdeveloped hearing due to a medical condition which has given me the ability to hear exactly how a singer resonates their voice and produces their notes. Because of this, my voice insists on singing exactly the way I hear it. Because of this 5 years of endless practice have yielded a vocal range that is almost unheard of. I can also sing at over 100db for up to 8 hours in a day because my voice will not allow me to do anything that causes it pain or resistance. I have always talked in a more nasal voice instinctively which means when I'm not singing, my voice is constantly resting because I don't open my vocal folds when I talk. It's not as fun as it sounds, when I'm not on medication to control it, my tactile sense is so uncoordinated that I practically lose my ability to control my voice for singing. This has been the major setback because my brain will ignore my sense of touch if I am using my ears intensely.

It is not impossible to have an extreme vocal range or ability
It just requires extreme circumstances such as deliberately and instinctively talking using the smallest amount of effort possible since you could speak and having hearing so sensitive it has been tested that you can hear at close to zero decibels, normal being around 25db. attempting to sing death metal or letting out a piercing scream is going to hurt you if you don't know what you are doing. If I were anyone else, my voice would be as raspy and worn as Rod Stewarts' if not completely ruptured a few times and crippled.

Most of the music I listen to either features virtuoso Hard Rock singers like Joe Lynn Turner or the classically trained singers that gravitate towards Symphonic/Power/Progressive/Operatic Metal

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Lots of Audio Gear
Next Topic: Speakers on Car Exterior