Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » So how does this all work then..? (I'd like a slice of Pi, please. But how?)
Re: So how does this all work then..? [message #67637 is a reply to message #67513] Mon, 16 May 2011 06:17 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Cangaceiro99 is currently offline  Cangaceiro99
Esquire
Hi Ken,

I'm in Melbourne, just about to do build some 4 pi speakers too. I sourced de250 & 2226h. Have just to order crossovers from Wayne & source the horns from somewhere.

I thought it may be worth mentioning that essential audio in melb stock those eminence woofers, but if you're prepared to wait a few weeks, I've noticed that second hand 2226h or 2225 come up on ebay every few weeks and have been selling for about $200-250 each. That's only a little more than the stock eminence 12 new from essential audio and is how i bought mine.

I was considering td12s before that, but price of shipping makes it difficult. Wayne has mentioned that 2226h is pretty special mid woofer. From what i understand has less breakup up high.

Wayne,

Is it possible to EQ the speakers to give more bass? i will be listening at moderate levels without a sub woofer, just wondering how much EQ would be reasonable without damaging the speakers/ ruining the sound? Flat to mid 30s?

Thanks,

Paul

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message