Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Are 7 Pi's for me?
Are 7 Pi's for me? [message #67441] Thu, 05 May 2011 12:11 Go to previous message
GarlandB is currently offline  GarlandB
Chancellor
Hi Wayne and fellow Pi-ites,

I'm in the finishing stages of building a new family room and was wondering if its dimensions and layout would be suitable for running 7 Pis or if I would be better off sticking with my 4 Pis. The room is 19.5 ft by 16 ft with one opening at the end of one 19.5 ft wall. on the opposite 16 ft wall are two windows set in from the long walls 2.25 ft on each side. On the long wall opposite the wall with the opening and adjacent to the forementioned shorter wall is another window also 2.5 ft away from the corner. I,m guessing my wife will put some kind of drapery in the windows. The ceiling is a bit over 8ft high. The floors, wall and ceiling are wood framed with basement below. I'm thinking the 7 Pi's might just work in the corners of the short wall opposite the opening.
Would the windows effect the performance of the corner horns, and are the acoustic properties of the room such that I risk poor performance per total outlay for more expensive speakers? I'll try out the 4 Pi's first but I'm sure the corner horns are an entirely different beast.

Thanks for any advice or comments!

Garland

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Anybody have plans for center channel for 4pi?
Next Topic: 4Pi crossover
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jul 14 14:28:16 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout