Home » Audio » Pro Sound » How Many Instruments?
Re: How Many Instruments? [message #67093 is a reply to message #67074] Sun, 17 April 2011 19:52 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Adveser is currently offline  Adveser
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I can play a guitar. People think I am really great, but I think I'm mediocre at best. I only use single notes, 4th and 5th unisons, the P5 chord, and the chord where you play 3 strings on the same fret. but I use dozens of scales and can play very fast and clean. Can sweep pick.

I'm a hell of a Bass player, but have spent very little time playing the instrument. If I had a dedicated rig I would be the best guy around. Really. It comes from the way I've always played guitar. The notes in the Bass register are much more "apparent" to me.

I know all the notes on a Piano. I could probably play my own keyboard lines on one if I were recording an album. Chords are out of the question for the most part.

Finally there is my voice. 5 octave range. Can sing anything from Death Metal, Crooning, R&B, Pop, Opera, Screaming, Haven't heard a vocal style yet I couldn't emulate. It's taken me forever to learn how to sing properly, correcting bad technique as I go. I'm about 95% on key these days and about 80% on perfect pitch.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Separating tracks
Next Topic: Coiling Cable