Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » 4 Pi Speakers and 3 Pi Subwoofer Request Plus Question
Re: 4 Pi Speakers and 3 Pi Subwoofer Request Plus Question [message #66963 is a reply to message #66961] Sat, 09 April 2011 11:39 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
OneBean is currently offline  OneBean
Baron
Dave, I have the 4 Pi speakers in standard configuration. I have been listening to them for over 5 years. Prior to that, I was on a constant hunt to upgrade my speakers. That stopped when I built the 4 Pi. These speakers are nothing short of amazing. Dynamic, incredible midrange, just rock solid performance. I have listened to all sorts of high end speakers costing thousands of dollars, and have always left feeling flat and disappointed. I run mine on 3.5 watt tube amps, and use them for everything from TV watching, to listening to records. The real proof is when my non audiophile friends set down and listen to them and say they have never heard any stereo sound that good. They say things like, the sound is coming from the TV, not the speakers, and it's like I can imagine the players on stage because I can hear them all individually. One note, you will need a sub, or multiple subs. Wayne can fill you in on the sub details, he's very helpful. I truly believe these speakers have no design compromises. Every aspect of the design was done to maximize performance. Store bought speakers are designed around a ton of things that have nothing to do with the sound quality, like making sure they to fit in a box that ships easy, designed to use cost effective materials to get higher margins (drivers, crossovers, wood) and appeal to the widest demographic possible. By the time they accomplish these things, it's amazing they even make any music at all. I hopes this helps. Good luck in your journey.

OneBean

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Three Pi & Four Pi Plans
Next Topic: 3-Pi Speaker plans
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jul 13 19:01:16 CDT 2024