Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Wayne, which speaker for PA tops?
Re: Wayne, which speaker for PA tops? [message #66778 is a reply to message #66777] Sun, 27 March 2011 20:32 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
OneBean is currently offline  OneBean
Baron
I built your Stage 4 Pi about 5 years ago, and I still love them as much as the first day. They have completely cured me of constant looking for new "better" speakers. I have a couple questions for you. Should I consider buying the new 4 Pi with upgraded drivers, installing them in my existing cabinets, and moving my Stage 4 Pi drivers to new cabinets for PA duty? Is there a significant jump in performance from the standard Eminance drivers, to the upgraded JBL and B&C drivers? Is the crossover upgrade worth the extra money? I have Bottlehead Paramours (2A3) driving them, and listen to mostly rock and blues. Also, my Stage 4 pi speakers have never seem more than 3 watts. Is it possible they aren't broken in yet? I have a bunch of hours on them, probably over 3000 hours of a variety of material. Like I said, I love the Stage 4 Pi, and wouldn't consider upgrading if I wasn't looking for some PA speakers. What do you think?

OneBean

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: 4pi horn position
Next Topic: Driver selections
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Aug 13 19:39:17 CDT 2024