Home » Audio » Movies & Music » First prize is a Jane Monheit CD
Re: First prize is a Jane Monheit CD [message #6662 is a reply to message #6661] Tue, 04 April 2006 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Shane is currently offline  Shane
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
I have pretty limited experience with female vocalists. Mainly what I heard growing up. I like Aretha Franklin and Janis Joplin. Bonnie Raitt is another one I like. I like some of Vienna Teng's music, but she can be pretty flat at times. I'm more gravitated to blues style than jazz, so like I said, I like Bonnie, I really like Becky Barksdale. I still think Joss does a good job for the type of music she sings and her live show on PBS was pretty good. Norah just has a voice that's soothing to me I guess. It's what I listen to when I'm stressed. Most jazz vocalists I've heard just don't sound that good to me. They sound off-key half the time, maybe that's how it's supposed to sound? Jazz guitar does that for me alot of the time too. Sounds like the band is warming up and practicing scales. I can listen to Al DiMeola and a few others. Could be I'm not old enough to appreciate it .

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Deadwood
Next Topic: Favorite guitarists
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Sep 08 19:34:22 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations