Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Male vocalists-- New Thread
Re: Male vocalists-- New Thread [message #6629 is a reply to message #6626] Sat, 25 March 2006 17:48 Go to previous message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Madonna or Mariah Carey selling alchohol. Well two problems I can see with that proposition. One; women don't drink.( Please don't tell me about that girl who keeps up with all the guys; it's rare and far between.) and thats who goes to Madonna Concerts. Second young people don't drink. Sure they buy a couple beers or a few shots but in terms of a bar making money off the liquor; that don't do it.
Slow and loud? You mean like pretty much all of the current alternative rock acts?
See; when I say older; the older people I mean are older. If they are in a bar it's because they are doing deals or getting really loaded. Not to see music. If there was a swing band playing in a club around here the average age of the patrons would probably reach 50 or better. As far as dancing thats mostly in the latino bars.
Here there really isn't much in the way of live music anymore in clubs or anywhere else. If you want to see live you need to go into Manhattan mostly. What people here do in bars is meet other people. The music that sells drinks is the best of whats on the radio now in the jukebox or through the DJ.
Bars sell lots of alchohol when there are a lot of girls mixed in with the guys and the average age is around 30; thats the peak. The young ones really don't drink as much as you would think even though it looks it. It's the twenty four to forty crowd that drinks enough to keep a profitable bar going. And they go where the other people like them are. Or it's the local bar in a low tax; low rent location with a good crowd of regulars that show regularly. Thats the bars with names like the Stop Inn or The Barnacle that last forever.
As far as country music being loud and slow; can you be more specific?

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message