Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Request plans and Klipschorn question
Re: Request plans and Klipschorn question [message #66138 is a reply to message #66137] Wed, 16 February 2011 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
sspeak is currently offline  sspeak
Esquire
Thanks for the plans and the information.

I appreciate the rather different philosophy involved in the constant directivity cornerhorn and the Klipschorn. But I am still interested in knowing whether digital compensation can be used to achieve constant directivity with the Klipschorn bass horn. Clearly constant and linear phase (delay) can be compensated. Are you saying that nonlinear phase (frequency dependent group delay) is the issue? I would think that could also be compensated provided it could be measured or calculated.

But I will say that even if your midhorn and tweeter is just used to achieve some constant directivity in the mids and highs along with increased smoothness in the 200-400 Hz region then that is a big step forward with the Klipschorn. Building large tractrix horns along with 2" compression drivers to reach lower cant in fact get low enough, is really expensive and has directivity problems

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Request...plans
Next Topic: Where's the best tweeter position? Aesthetically, too?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Aug 14 17:28:29 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio