Home » Audio » Speaker » Bose LA
Re: Bose LA [message #66065 is a reply to message #22867] Wed, 09 February 2011 08:42 Go to previous message
AudioFred is currently offline  AudioFred
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Bose bashing is always safe on audio forums because you know everybody will agree with you, but I recommend Bose products for some of the people who hear my system and ask for advice about building their own system. Here's my advice:

If you're an active listener, which means you plan to sit in the sweet spot and listen to the music at realistic levels, and you are willing to position the speakers correctly, and you want the best possible sound for the money you are spending on your system, you should look into getting a component-type system.

If you're a passive listener, which means you'll have music playing quietly in the background while you multitask, and it's important to you that the equipment be out of sight, and you have so much money that paying too much isn't an issue, you'll be happier with a Bose wave radio or a Bose acoustimass system. For most women the invisibility issue trumps sound quality any day of the week, because every woman knows a speaker is a thing of unspeakable ugliness that should be placed on a high shelf and hidden behind a large fern.

Regarding the Bose pro line arrays, several of my musician friends have them. They will not play as loud as a high sensitivity two-way with a 12" or 15" pro woofer and a horn tweeter, but they're more than adequate for the typical restaurant, coffee house or small bar gig. The midbass and midrange are cleaner than the typical pro woofer's, and they are small, light, and very portable. One speaker system replaces the typical setup of two pole speakers, two stage monitors, a powered mixer, and a jungle of cables. Any musician who's exhausted when midnight or one am rolls around, or who has a groupie waiting for him to get off will appreciate the portability.

Notice the Bose speaker, which is perfect for this Austin acoustic music venue, behind Bob Cheevers here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1HJSKiEguQ

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Multiple Speakers
Next Topic: Cheap, new speakers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Aug 13 11:44:40 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations