Home » Audio » Source » Vinyl Review
Re: Vinyl Review [message #65970 is a reply to message #65771] Thu, 03 February 2011 20:46 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Adveser is currently offline  Adveser
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I gotta record some of my modifications to CD technology that makes it sound far more analogue without destroying or losing the hi-f info, I think that would be the only way to explain why I think Digital is better. I have ruthlessly followed guidelines as to how to make a flat, uncolored sound which sounds pretty much the same as a good 20-Bit+ master of a recording. Personally I think it is foolish if you have the equipment to handle 24-bit not to upconvert it. I think a lot of audiophiles are scarred to go that way because they are not that confident in their ability to maintain a balanced sound and believe the engineers responsible for the recording

I don't think it is fair to compare 16-bits to Vinyl. I think comparing 16-bits to cassette is more accurate.

When I say Hi frequency, I'm talking above 17Khz, I don't hear anything but tracking noise masking anything that high when I listen to vinyl. That is no huge loss and frankly isn't even an issue on the majority of recordings. But it ain't the cat or the amp doing this, it's the way they were mastered.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message