Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » 3 pi plans
3 pi Wave Deluxe [message #65908 is a reply to message #63215] Mon, 31 January 2011 15:23 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Muzikal-JRNE is currently offline  Muzikal-JRNE
Esquire
Hello Wayne. First of all, Thank you for sharing your wisdom and experience with the DIY audio community. I have read (and will continue re-reading until I have fully absorbed them) your (3) excellent white-paper and crossover documents.

I am interested in building a version of the Econowave Deluxe,

http://techtalk.parts-express.com/showthread.php?p=1626379#post1626379

but with the Eminence H290 horn. After reading your white-paper I think it will be a excellent SQ horn with the DE250 compression driver. I like the KAPPALITE 3012LF woofer modeling in the Parts Express 1.6 ft^3 cabinet and the idea of implementing an L-pad for tweaking the HF driver levels.

Do you think I should use your 3pi crossover as a starting point to match with the 3012LF woofer and an added L-pad, or use the Econowave Deluxe crossover as a starting point and work on modifying it for the Eminence H290 horn? Would you share with me the plans for the 3pi w/ the DE250 and Delta12LF?

Any guidance is greatly appreciated. Smile

Thanks, Joe

P.S. I have a calibrated microphone and a laptop with REW software that I can use to get measurements for designing the crossover.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Comment on Waveguide: reply on AA High Efficiency?
Next Topic: PI 1 and 2 Plans Please
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Oct 20 01:22:27 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout