Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Soffit (Flush Mount) Reference Speakers (Studio Control Room (Mid-field) Monitors for Full Range Reference)
Re: Soffit (Flush Mount) Reference Speakers [message #65292 is a reply to message #65290] Wed, 15 December 2010 18:55 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
epstudio is currently offline  epstudio
Esquire
Great, Yes disregard the single speakers (I am at work and didn't have an updated pic of just the soffit mounts...)
So, I guess my nest question is, would you recommend just using your completed speakers and mounting them into my soffits (as in the University setup), or would there be any advantages/disadvantages to building the components into the front wall of the soffit (resulting in an infinite baffle scenario)?? What are your thoughts on that? The research I have done, shows that in soffit mounting an enclosed speaker you get a 6db boost in lows which needs to be addressed with bass trapping, so my thought is, would there be a plus to minimizing that extra loading by removing the enclosure... Hope that makes sense!

Thanks!

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: 4 Pi vent question
Next Topic: 7 Pi without mid-horn?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jul 13 18:50:53 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations