Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Hearing My Own Voice
Re: Hearing My Own Voice [message #65150 is a reply to message #65128] Fri, 03 December 2010 13:56 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Adveser is currently offline  Adveser
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Lancelot wrote on Fri, 03 December 2010 00:17
Thanks for the explanation. Is there a way where we can record our voices and hear the same pitch as what we hear directly from our vocal chords?

What about the recording artists? Why do they place big headphones on their ears while singing? I think it is not for minimizing the noise because most studios are closed rooms.

You need a 2-way PA speaker with a crossover of above 3Khz to really hear yourself. Headphones don't really cut it unless you seriously EQ them to death. I could explain how to do that if you wanted, but the bottom line i that there is no cheap way to practice singing accurately.

I recently got a PA with a built in amp and the difference is astounding. The crossover will not let one sing in a high pitched voice. It imposes proper technique on it's user. You can hit the high notes all day long, but you can't rely on the overtones to carry the notes.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Did you see it?