Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Hearing My Own Voice
Re: Hearing My Own Voice [message #64988 is a reply to message #64981] Mon, 29 November 2010 18:49 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Adveser is currently offline  Adveser
Illuminati (1st Degree)
The different pitch might very well be coming from a sample rate clocking problem. I know when I try to record my voice using 44.1 using audacity my sound card doesn't want to play along.

Your ears hear the mechanical/acoustical resonance of your vocal system. Like a circuit it has many components. We get to hear the output signal before it is completed. Sound vibrates and escapes through our Eustachian tubes so you experience a signal no one elses ears can hear. Also there is the shroader frequency that vibrates our voices inside our head. When you talk and someone else hears it, it is mono. When you talk and you hear it it is stereo, and each channel is a mixdown of a 3-signal source.

The sound quality is far better in your head and very saturated with the highs all rolled off It sounds glorious. I wish we could record it with temporary implants somehow just to have a reference for mixing the audio. Needless to say you can get away with a lot in your head that is intolerable to someone else.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Did you see it?