Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Cure for brightness
Re: Cure for brightness [message #64891 is a reply to message #64876] Thu, 25 November 2010 11:32 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
GarlandB is currently offline  GarlandB
Chancellor
Hi Benton and happy Thanksgiving to all,

Just a couple of ideas came to mind: You didn't mention your source? If your using digital gear then often a graininess can sneak through into the music from there. Many times we result to measures that depress or blurr the top octaves in a quest to tame "digititus". I have always had to deal with lesser quality CD source in my systems and only was able to really open up the upper frequencies by upgrading and modding my CD players. Now my somewhat tuned Cambridge Audio 640C vII {PS caps,Coupling caps, Opamps,etc) is nicely smooth but dynamic at the same time. This has allowed me to really hear what improvements in the following compnents actually sound like{ie. more musical}. See my post below on "more fun with caps". I really do agree with those who feel that there is a high freq. tizzieness with Solens and recommend film and foil caps over metalized film. Oil can sound good too. But if the signal coming from the source is distorted all you'll get more exposure of that from the clearer, truer performing caps.
Oops! I was going to write more but I have to get going on the Thanksgiving dinner!

So try better caps in your 2Pis but take a look at your sources too.

Garland

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message