Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Just bought some JBL 3677...? about the CD and horn
Re: Just bought some JBL 3677...? about the CD and horn [message #64325 is a reply to message #64175] Wed, 13 October 2010 16:02 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
CDY2179 is currently offline  CDY2179
Chancellor
Sounds good. I plan on using the compressed wool I spoke of earlier. It's absorption factors are much better than r-13..because it's compressed it's equivelent to over a foot of fluffy (standard insulation)..that's why it's used as acoustic panels at first reflections. Crossbraces will be wrapped as well.

I'll probably use two 2.75" ports as the 3677 uses which means the ports only have to be 1.75" long each...but I'll probably use REW to test tuning to see if I need to tweak a port to get a better response.

Because I'll only have 1.5" of clearance behind the woofers magnet..can I leave the portion of box directly behind the magnet untreated with stuffing? I want to make sure the vent can breath...I was thinking I could just cut a circle slightly larger than the magnet.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message