Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Just bought some JBL 3677...? about the CD and horn
Re: Just bought some JBL 3677...? about the CD and horn [message #64232 is a reply to message #64175] Sun, 10 October 2010 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
CDY2179 is currently offline  CDY2179
Chancellor
You're not comming across arrogant at all. I'm very happy to have your input.

The JBLs have smoothed out but they cut off so low they're missing that sparkle. So I'm going to sell the 2416s and buy 3 B&C DE250 and 3 H290s (bolt-on). I'll probably end up buying 3 of your Xovers too.

I will probably start building new exclosures next week. Mains are going in the front corners and the center will be in the wall behind the screen. I'll be mounting the horn outboard on top of the woofer cabinet.

how far should the horn be from the woofer to build a 4pi?

Also I think the 2035hpl is 1db higher sensitivity than the 2226. The JBL 3677 has a sens. of 99db. The JBL 3678 (uses 2226) is 98db. They also have a slightly higher FS so they don't go quite as low.. 48hz is about as low as I can go and get a nice response with a 3.5 cubic' box.

I know it's not much but will this be something I'll need to worry about when it comes to the Xover..and if the different sensitivity of the 2226 vs 2035 will be an issue can you tweak the crossovers (i'm assuming the tweeter attenuation) for me?

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message