Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Just bought some JBL 3677...? about the CD and horn
Re: Just bought some JBL 3677...? about the CD and horn [message #64185 is a reply to message #64182] Mon, 04 October 2010 18:57 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

To be honest, I'm not a big fan of the Selenium drivers. I tried them several years ago and didn't care for them. They're a little bit bright for my tastes. They've no doubt made progress since then, and I've seen lots of people report good things from them. But the response curves still show that tell-tale breakup up high.

For me, I use the Eminence PSD2002 as a budget driver. It has some of the same "extension" via breakup, but just not as much as the Selenium D220Ti. Both have a little more sizzle and tizz, but I prefer the Eminence in this price range. It sounds better to me.

Either way, I see both the PSD2002 and the D220Ti as decent budget drivers, but wouldn't want to use them in a higher end speaker. For the best sound, I'd stick with the JBL drivers you already have. Keep the Seleniums for an econo build.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message