Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Just bought some JBL 3677...? about the CD and horn
Re: Just bought some JBL 3677...? about the CD and horn [message #64182 is a reply to message #64181] Mon, 04 October 2010 13:41 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
CDY2179 is currently offline  CDY2179
Chancellor
OK, sounds great. I just wanted to make sure the 2416h's are capable of nice smooth sound...I think the 2426 is a newer design. I also have some Selinium d220Tt's on hand. I may give them a try as they extend higher (and did sound good with no harshness) but the JBL's costing so much more I'd expect them to be a lot smoother. I didn't really think the horn it self could make it this raspy sounding...I guess I was wrong.

I'm using these in a Dedicated Home theater and I got tired of being diappointed with consumer stuff. the JBLs 15"ers really put out great sound with great vocals, I just have to tame these horns.

If you think the DE250 is a smoother CD(I know it reaches higher) than the 2416, I could use the Selinum CD's temporarily with the new horns (that you suggested) and sell the 2416's and get the DE250 with the $$.

I want the smoothest best sound I can get..I really don't want any harshness at all.

So I guess I'm asking...If you were me, what would you do?

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message