Home » Audio » Room Acoustics » Room acoustics newbie
Re: Room acoustics newbie [message #63642 is a reply to message #63610] Tue, 03 August 2010 17:57 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Adveser is currently offline  Adveser
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Your welcome. I like discussing audio, so it's really my pleasure.

Sounds like everything is off to a good start, so keep up the good work!

Unless you are using 3-way speakers with a woofer that put out "full range" bass, the space between the speakers and the walls isn't that important, so no need to go that far unless this is the case. It is usually good to limit bass building up behind the speakers. That is to say the closer a 3-way speaker is to the wall the more bass will be present, but it isn't the good kind of clean bass from the speakers, so I always move the speakers away from the walls.

There are far more technical and scientific descriptions online that can tell you what is going on better, so look them up if you want more info.

It seems like the Subwoofer(s) are either underpowered or the crossover (you know, not a physical crossover network, but the frequencies they are putting out) from the main speakers to the subwoofer isn't covering everything. If you tell me some of the specs of the main speakers and the subwoofer, we can go from there.

I was going to say in my last post. If you have the facilities, like a laptop and a microphone, it wouldn't be a bad idea to record the sound and take a look at the frequencies. If you do go that far, we can definitely sort out any of the sound problems and correct them.

Good luck!

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message