Home » Audio » Room Acoustics » Room acoustics newbie
Re: Room acoustics newbie [message #63634 is a reply to message #63610] Tue, 03 August 2010 03:27 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Soundbuzz is currently offline  Soundbuzz
Chancellor

Oh wow thanks for the taking the time to reply! I could really use a few tips like that.

In fact, I've already bought some heavier 'studio' curtains for the windows. They're dark red and ugly though I might have to do something about them. I'm all about aesthetics. Razz I've also gotten my fiance to help me put up some carpets on the walls. So far I've down about half the room already and I'm already noticing the difference. Wow!

Aha! I'll try the foot or two space behind the speakers. What I meant by flat was that there simply isn't enough bass oomph! lol How do I explain that?! But I just read on one of the other threads that for a home theater I must get 2 to four subs!One at the front, one at the back is what I'm thinking right now. I only have one currently.

And nope the bigger wooden table is at the back of the sofa but I also have a coffee table in front of the sofa. I've already thought of placing a table cloth on top of that. I'm going to have to do some trial and error placements of my furniture, and see (or hear) what sounds best.

This site has helped me a lot on understanding how sound travels and what could effect it. Thanks so much and fingers crossed!

The lunatics are in the hall.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message