Home » Audio » Pro Sound » Teens Electric Guitar
Re: Teens Electric Guitar [message #63611 is a reply to message #62848] Mon, 02 August 2010 00:34 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Soundbuzz is currently offline  Soundbuzz
Chancellor

What Thermionic said is true, guitars sound a whole lot better with age. I bought my Aria solid-top first-hand, and after having it for a couple of years, I find that it developed a sweeter and brighter tone to it.

Buying a second-hand guitar has more pros than cons to it, but I'm not sure if I would buy a second-hand guitar online as anything second-hand I believe I have to see first to assess it. It might be better to go to a well reputed shop that sells second-hand guitars, and if you have someone with you that has considerable knowledge on guitars, even better, as some defects on guitars are harder to spot without a trained eye. But otherwise, I'm sure the seller will be able to help you out. Look for reviews of some guitar shops in your area, you'd be able to find a good shop with good reviews for your first guitar shopping expedition. Surprised

I think guitar bundles (these you can find online) consisting of guitar, amp, picks, guitar bag, strap, etc can also be helpful as there are other things to consider when buying a guitar. Some even come with instructional DVDs, though I'm not sure how helpful they are.

Has your son been playing guitar because you mentioned he has an old guitar given by an uncle? If that's the case then maybe asking your son what he would like is a better idea though as he might have an idea of what type of guitar he wants for the music he wants to play. Unless you intend to surprise him, then you have some homework to do. Smile

The lunatics are in the hall.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Price ranges
Next Topic: Advice building bass cab
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Aug 31 03:19:37 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations