Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Discrimination Against Muslim Americans
Re: Discrimination Against Muslim Americans [message #63455 is a reply to message #63454] Tue, 20 July 2010 15:30 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Well, sure, but that side-steps the issue. It is beside the point, and I would say naively, even dangerously beside the point. Of course, not all terrorists are Muslim. Of course!

But some are, and they should be racially profiled, in my opinion. If you see a guy in traditional Muslim attire with an angry look, watch him! Don't get all politically correct and ignore him, that's stupid. Same thing goes for a bizarrely focused white guy, a skinhead with Nazi tattoos. Or a black guy with gang colors, harassing people and giving attitude. All of these are the kinds of people that common sense and some natural street smarts would tell you to watch.

Common sense profiling should never be labeled as discrimination. Just like you can go too far one way, like locking up everyone of a certain nationality in an internment camp, you can also go too far the other way, overcompensating, and allowing unreasonable attitudes to be given too much attention. That's my opinion, anyway.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: His headset was too loud
Next Topic: Dio is dead?!?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jun 27 14:01:37 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects