Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Jazz Lovers
Re: Jazz Lovers... new stuff [message #6324 is a reply to message #6323] Tue, 17 January 2006 09:59 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
I find that after putting down the sticks when my son was born I needed a solid year to get back into playing mode. Age really slows you down. I had to resort to all kinds of tricks to ressurect my abilities. I play one day a week for about 5/6 hours then I don't touch them for 24 hrs. Then practice a normal schedule. That was taught to me by a guy who knows and it works. I also have a pair of sticks in the car and I constantly do parradiddles and rolls on the dashboard. Embarrasses my son to death but it really sharpened and strengthened my wrists.
On guitar I imagine that doing transcriptions for scales in different keys might help? Do you tape your stuff then play over the tape like a duet? I use a sony reel-to-reel with sound on sound for that and it helps.
One thing that is very helpfull is videos. I use them now and they seem to work; I get one or two every couple months then learn them.
It's hard to find players at this level but they are around; any jam nights in local pubs around by you?

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Hurdy-Gurdy; Still offering Your Music on CD?
Next Topic: So; Did Everyone Watch "24"?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 14:20:37 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio