Home » Audio » Pro Sound » Number Nine...
Re: Number Nine... [message #62299 is a reply to message #62293] Tue, 06 April 2010 14:01 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I remember that now, sorry, I didn't recognize your username at first. You and I traded a few E-mails back in 2005. I was hoping maybe we could do that first Prosound Shootout at your ranch. But I think that was about the time you had those health issues, so we did it at the Tulsa Race Track instead. Glad you're on the mend!

Maybe we should revive those someday, possibly at your ranch. Seems like the PSW folks keep wanting to do them indoors, but I know they all know better than that. You gotta do it outdoors!

It occured to me, maybe you could make a vertical array with those Beta 10's, and hang a vertical array of 15's of some flavor right beside them. You could probably put two 10's beside each 15 and keep CTC spacing tight.

One of these days, we'll have to get you some cooling plugs to try out in your LABsubs. They work great. In fact, they work so well I decided to patent them. Especially up near the crossover point, where a lot of bass energy usually hits them, the excursion is pretty low because the horn is loading the cones well. But that also means the cooling vents are stalled because there's not much motion to pump air through them. The cooling plugs really help keep the motors from getting too hot, especially when you're running them hard for a few hours straight.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Sub Replacements ??
Next Topic: Celestion impedance
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Aug 01 13:28:59 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio