Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » pictures 4 pi speakers (pictures of my finished 4 pi speakers)
Re: pictures 4 pi speakers [message #61338 is a reply to message #61333] Fri, 06 November 2009 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Joep Ritterbex is currently offline  Joep Ritterbex
Esquire
It's difficult for me to describe a relative abstract thing like "good sound" in English because it's not my language.
But I think I like the sound of the "4pi's" because vocals and instruments sound very natural, Very real. Everytime I'm surprissed how real drums sound. I'm convinced this can never be archieved with a BOSE home cinema set or something else with 2" speakers and thinplastic cabinets. Razz But I think you all agree with me.

A disadvantage is that I became more selective according the music source. I can't understand why my friends are happy listening to music from youtube!
I tried the eminence psd2002 drivers first. They didn't sound bad at all but they sounded to me a little bit distorted, especially noticeable on a track where someone is whistling. Maybe I had defective units?
Now I use 30? year old JBL2420 compression drivers with new titanium diaphragm's.
The JBL 2345 horns are 9kg heavy alu radial horns and have a pattern of 40" x90" (like the H290). In the future I'm going to try the bigger JBL 2350 horn, because I think the horn can make a substantial change in sound.
I also recently bought a measurement mic. and I want to measure the freq. response.

Joep Cool

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Damping material
Next Topic: 2 Pi Tower Plans
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 15 05:08:26 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations