Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » 3pi nearing completion. (3pi nearing completion.)
Re: 3pi nearing completion. [message #61093 is a reply to message #60912] Tue, 29 September 2009 12:34 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
cookietruck is currently offline  cookietruck
Chancellor
well, i've been listening to the 3pi for a week or two now. i have a decware preamp and decware SEP power amp, el84, 6watts.

the 3pi sound nice and even, in my room maybe a little bright on the top end (there is not much carpet in the room at all, hardwood floors, hard walls and ceilings).
even with the lower power tube amp these speakers have enough bass to energize areas of the room, this is noticeable walking around and something i could find almost no hint of from the 1pi towers. they sound to me to be voiced very neutral. just to compare i hooked up an old denon dra635 and the voicing was the same, still neutral and even.

presentation is pretty nice not far back but not real forward either. they image well too.
the eminence tweeter has good detail and is maybe just a bit harsh (could be the room or the fact that the 1pi had a soft dome tweeter and i just need to get used to the different sound).
the woofer sounds pretty good, not real detailed but it still sounds nice. i am considering upgrading to the TD12S but the eminence woofer is liveable so it will probably be a while before i do that upgrade...but the woofer will be the first driver upgrade.

overall i'm happy with the 3pi, i'm enjoying them enough to have not unhooked them to stain and finish yet.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: 2 Pi Tower Plans
Next Topic: Interesting drivers for maybe new designs??? Wayne???
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 12 16:19:26 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio