Home » Audio » Speaker » Line arrays: 3 way(4 way) or two way
Re: Line arrays: 3 way(4 way) or two way [message #61075 is a reply to message #61063] Mon, 28 September 2009 18:05 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
selahaudio is currently offline  selahaudio
Baron
darkmoebius2 wrote on Mon, 28 September 2009 14:59
I have been thinking about the sonic benefits of a woofer array to spare having to push 3"-4" drivers too low in order to use a subwoofer. But, that opens up a host of problems, itself - 1) a woofer array will place another large monolith in the listening room, not an easy sell to spouses, 2) transition in that audible 200-400Hz range and issues of localization, 3) cost, cost, cost!

All this is being thought in the context of active crossovers.

The thing is...I am addicted to near fullrange single driver (w/ minimal crossover) sound having lived with it for the last 5-7 years. The "coherency" of the critical FR range is intoxicating.

Well if you don't want a crossover point in the 1-2.5K range then you probably should conside another type of design. Personally I've never heard a system with the woofer running up high that made me want to build something like that. The concentric drivers (Seas,GPA-604)sound far better to me.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: New sale price on a Vifa 3.5 incher
Next Topic: Symmetrical and asymmetrical slopes in crossovers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Sep 15 18:21:29 CDT 2024