Home » Audio » Speaker » Widerange midwoofers, specs, and x-o pts...
Re: Widerange midwoofers, specs, and x-o pts... [message #60998 is a reply to message #60994] Wed, 23 September 2009 19:10 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
darkmoebius2 is currently offline  darkmoebius2
Baron
Marlboro wrote on Wed, 23 September 2009 15:56

You have to understand here that the only line array that Rick Craig has PROBABLY listened to that is commercially available is the PipeDreams. This may be the only line array that he has listened to with domes in it.
Marlboro, you cannot lambaste Rick for supposedly making an assumption, then turn around and make an assumption yourself about what he has, and has not, heard without seeming slightly hypocritical.
Quote:
My research has shown that 1 inch domes are too big and 1/2 inch domes are too small.
And what do the majority of line arrays using dome tweeters utilize? So, in general, Rick's statement might be true about a lot of arrays using dome tweeters - maybe even a majority.
Quote:
I can assure you, and everyone who has listened to my array can assure you, that there is not a hint of loss of high frequencies using my method. However, no commercial builder could possibly do it due to the labor intensiveness.
I have a feeling that you are taking every statement Rick makes too personally, as if it is intentionally directed at you. That does not seem to be the case, to me, and I think others might agree.
Quote:
Rick has brought this up numerous times about domes, and specifically mine.
But, he did not mention you, or your array, this time.
Quote:
So I have to conclude that Rick's statement about domes has to be with the ones where the edges are not cut to make the center to center distance about .78
How many other arrays do you know of where someone has done this? This only goes to buttress that, outside of your speakers, any array using domes the rest of us are likely to hear will be using tweeters that are not close enough together and will experience some noticeable loss in HF response.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message