Home » Audio » Measurement » On axis measurements in nearfield listening (I don't experience this as an issue... maybe you do??)
Re: On axis measurements in nearfield listening [message #60967 is a reply to message #60955] Mon, 21 September 2009 18:33 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
darkmoebius2 is currently offline  darkmoebius2
Baron
Marlboro wrote on Mon, 21 September 2009 12:22
ONCE again, you are making a blanket statement that implies that if a DIYer does not have access to an extensive and possibly expensive measuring system, s/he he should not even attempt a line array.

That's not what he said or implied. He simply said that "Measurements are extremely important with arrays if you want the best sound.". I can't see anything factually incorrect or elitist/condescending about that statement, especially since he added "The margin for error is greater with the complexity of an array if you don't have the right tools"

I suppose Selah's opinion could be invalidated if someone who had designed/built arrays both using testing equipment, and without, came forward to say that they found absolutely no performance difference between the two in the end.

But, as of yet, that hasn't happened, so his is the most qualified opinion we have with regard to that issue.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: What are the differences of the sound when using different isolation transformers?
Next Topic: O Scope
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 15 12:13:28 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout