Home » Audio » Speaker » Why would I not? (Trying to decide reference system over a line array)
Re: Why would I not? [message #60951 is a reply to message #60949] Mon, 21 September 2009 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Marlboro
Illuminati (1st Degree)
So? A speaker is a speaker, some are good some are bad.

Could you specify what that means. I do not know what "Canada's NRC" means nor do I have the reference. I also don't know when "Good dispersion" came into the discussion. You never mentioned "good disperson" as any element of tonality. But again, the cylindrical wave of sound from a line array is essence of "good dispersion."

I understand your underlying point of view. You sell speakers (Selah) and they are high priced speakers. In this frame of reference, anything that is not top of the line has problems with tonality, dispersion, etc. And of course that's true on paper. But the real question is how much the average Joe can hear these differences, and even more, how many average Joe's actually have the money to pay for these differences.

That's what DIY is all about. Saving big money and doing it yourself.

But each of us has to decide how much we can afford, and how to get the best possible sound for what we can afford: the best dynamic range, the least distortion, AND the most accurate tonality.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message