Home » Audio » Speaker » Consider Using Tube Enclosures for your Speakers......
Re: Consider Using Tube Enclosures for your Speakers...... [message #60943 is a reply to message #60936] Mon, 21 September 2009 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
thomas216 is currently offline  thomas216
Esquire
I used some of Marlboro suggestions when I was building my first line source. The problem I had was the driver frames were truncated, if I used an entire piece of PVC I could not get the C to C spacing as close as possible. I came up with a different solution, a little more labor intensive but it worked out. The pictures in the Photobucket LINK below are self explanatory, except I mounted the PVC piece non parallel, and the drilled holes outside the PVC are for sand to drain into the bottom layers once the sides are mated to the cabinet. The cabinets weigh about 125 lbs but are dead

http://s212.photobucket.com/albums/cc167/tomr3399/

The other pictures in the album are of a new array project using 16, four-inch full range "NSB" drivers per side and will use 60 3/4" inch tweeter per tower. This is an evolving set of arrays, I will also try running the full range driver way beyond the comb filter point to see if this as actually destructive or not.

Tom R

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message