Home » Audio » Speaker » Consider Using Tube Enclosures for your Speakers......
Re: Consider Using Tube Enclosures for your Speakers...... [message #60936 is a reply to message #60935] Sun, 20 September 2009 17:13 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Marlboro
Illuminati (1st Degree)
What kind of price range would you be looking at for the 3-4 incher?

If you go above three inch you will need to use either sonotubes or more expensive thick wall PVC sewer pipes. If you were to use sonotubes I would probably use an epoxy based paint inside and out. This would stiffen them up and at the same time give you the softer sandwich inside. Given the option now, I would probably do that for a new version. Not that the vibration is an issue, but a sandwich would probably help if you want to split hairs.

Zaph has some good choices, but one would need to know how much you were willing to spend for each of them. About three years after I put together my 3 inch midsm Selah came out with a double row of three inchers using what looks like 32 of the HiVi B3S 3" Shielded Aluminum Driver Square Frame(less than 11 bucks each at PE)---Symmetrica, I believe. But these are aluminum coned items and like you I would prefer not to be using aluminum.

At $26 the Dayton RS 100S would look really good to me, and I would have used them if they'd come out as promised back in 2004, but then they were going to be offered at about $6 each.

And alternative to the B&G's might be two Fountek horn tweeters per side. You would certainly get the sensitivity you need and though they are $310 each... its a thought.....

Marlboro

What's YOUR poison?

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message