Home » Audio » Speaker » What about Oval shaped drivers (like 4"x6") for arrays?
Re: What about Oval shaped drivers (like 4"x6") for arrays? [message #60869 is a reply to message #60868] Mon, 14 September 2009 19:50 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
mayhem13 is currently offline  mayhem13
Esquire
The 10" woofers that you see are actually subwoofers with an Fs of 18hz in a sealed configuration. The OP's mains while capable simply can't keep up with the needed dynamic and peak output of a modern HT setup. The OP would most likely be replacing the current mains with arrays, in front of the subwoofer towers. The OP's a pretty not bad DIY designer and has built everything in that space including the awesome NHT mains you see pictured...impeccable detail. I probobly shouldn't speak on his behalf but i'm pretty sure i know what he's looking for and that's the peak response and dynamics that line arrays can deliver. Help him out...he'll do ya proud. He's the one who got me thinking arrays and god dammit he's got me back on it as well.If i keep down this path i'm gonna get a divorce for sure! Shocked

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Fitting line arrays together
Next Topic: For those of you who own a line array.....
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 17 18:24:55 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio